Sentara Healthcare developed the Administrative Fellowship Program for a select group of health administration students/graduates to gain valuable experience and elevate their potential through high-visibility assignments. Fellows can expect to:
- Contribute to strategic and operational initiatives.
- Work within our hospitals, and health plan and long term care areas.
- Expand their skills by developing new projects, working on teams, or doing research.
- Participate in a rotation schedule developed and designed around their particular areas of interest.
- Collaborate with executive leaders during board meetings and monthly meetings with the CEO and COO.
Candidates must have completed or be on target to complete an MHA, MHA/MBA, or MBA (preferably with a concentration and/or experience in healthcare management) from an accredited graduate program. The application process begins in early August for consideration to join the program in June of the following year. A rotation schedule is developed and designed around the student’s particular area of interest.
Sample Rotation Schedule:
Sentara Leigh Hospital, Administrator, SLH
Sentara Health Management, President Sentara Health Management
Sentara Life Care, President, Sentara Life Care
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Administrator
Review Participant Testimonials
Review Executive Profiles
The application deadline has passed for the Administrative Fellowship to start in June/July, 2017. Please visit our website in July/August 2017 for information on the application process for the Administrative Fellowship to start in June/July 2018.