Registered Nurses CLICK HERE to chat with a Sentara RecruiterMonday-Friday
Adult Health Rotation Team (AHEART RN) – Surgical Specialty at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital (SNGH)
The program is open to new graduate RNs. They will orient on surgical units and be classified as Adult Health Rotation RNs – Surgical Specialty. The RN will receive full-time benefits, new graduate pay and relocation assistance for qualified candidates in addition to working on a Rotation Team to provide a variety of surgical patient experiences. All General Medicine and Surgical/Trauma units participate in the AHEART – Surgical Specialty units: 4R – vascular, ENT; 6R – back & neck, 6K – general surgery, urology, plastics, EMU, Ortho; 8R – trauma and general surgery
The Orientation Process
- 2 year commitment to SNGH – 1st year –rotate thru surgical units working 12 hour shifts; assignments will be made by Manager.
- During the 1st year – option to orient to surgical IMC patient care (after 9 months)
- During the 2nd year apply to unit of choice or at 18 months, may apply to Resource Pool.
- Orientation 14 weeks: including 2 weeks of onboarding with 11 weeks clinical orientation and 1 shadow week in a surgical specialty area.
- Orient, in rotation, with Medical-Surgical preceptors from participating units:
- 2 weeks onboarding
- 4 weeks on 1st Rotation
- 3 weeks on 2nd Rotation
- 2 weeks on 3rd Rotation
- 2 weeks on 4th Rotation
- 1 week of electives: (wound & ostomies, IV skills, and see preference sheet) choose shadow opportunities* or return to one of the prior rotations.
*shadow opportunities: specialty areas –PACU, OR, SDU, etc.
After Orientation Completion
- Participation in Nurse Residency Program
- Participation in Mentoring Program
- Post Orientation: Nurses will be assigned on surgical units in 6 week rotations.
- Surgical Specialty orientation including education sessions by Surgeons.
Apply www.sentaracareers.com Keyword Search: 128266BR