Temporary Care Coordinator
Sentara Health Plan
is currently seeking a Temporary Care Coordinator
for the Richmond area. This position will be temporary through the end of 2021 with the potential of going permanent. The position is remote and requires both member assessments both face-to-face assessments and via phone.
Performs a variety of casework duties and provides case management services to patients, families, and designated caregivers. Must develop, participate and monitor multidisciplinary collaboration of services to patients where appropriate. Assist adult patients and their families with personal and environmental difficulties associated with medical conditions up to and including at time of terminal illnesses.
- 4-year degree in Health and Human Services
- Utilization Management/Case Management experience required
- Long Term Care/Medicaid/Medicare experience required
- Experience with Community Health Resources strongly preferred
- Experience initiating care plans and both subjectively and objectively conducting assessments
- Experience with educating members with chronic disease(es) strongly preferred
- Mental Health experience strongly preferred
Sentara Health Plans is the health insurance division of Sentara Healthcare doing business as Optima Health and Virginia Premier.
Sentara Health Plans provides health insurance coverage through a full suite of commercial products including consumer-driven, employee-owned and employer-sponsored plans, individual and family health plans, employee assistance plans and plans serving Medicare and Medicaid enrollees.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance business and 20 years’ experience serving Medicaid populations, we offer programs to support members with chronic illnesses, customized wellness programs, and integrated clinical and behavioral health services – all to help our members improve their health.