Sentara Healthcareis currently recruiting for a Full-Time day shift
Professor of Nursing Programs
for the College of Health Sciences in Chesapeake, VA.
- Required: Master's Level Degree OR RN-Master's Level Degree
- Required: Acute Care – 5 years, Teaching – 3 years
- Required: Registered Nurse
- Required: Active Learning, Active Listening, Communication, Critical Thinking, Instructing, Learning Strategies, Speaking, Writing
- Masters in nursing, nursing education, or education appropriate to the subject matter being taught. Doctorate in nursing or education preferred. Minimum 5 years recent professional experience required; minimum of 3 years previous teaching experience in a BSN or allied health program; OR demonstrated consistent positive feedback from students; researched to enhance the body of knowledge in the discipline.
Provides classroom and or clinical instruction to students in Sentara's health science programs. Uses interactive and innovative teaching-learning strategies in both on-ground and online courses. Responsible for the development of faculty in both the classroom and clinical settings. Responsible for student tutoring, advising, and support as required and participates in department and college committees as assigned. Collaborates with the community to support and facilitate research, participates in research as it relates to teaching, and keeps current in evidence-based research as it relates to the classroom and clinical instruction of students.
Market: Sentara is a Virginia and Southeast North Carolina-based large healthcare provider that has been in business for over 131 years. More than 500 sites of care, including 12 acute care hospitals with a continued employment philosophy!
Award-winning: Sentara has eleven Acute Care Facilities across the state of Virginia and one in Northeastern North Carolina; the people of the communities that we serve have nominated Sentara “Employer of Choice” for over 10 years. U.S. News and Report recognize Sentara as having the Best Hospitals for 15+ years.
Benefits: Sentara offers an attractive array of full-time benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Sick, Tuition Reimbursement, a 401k/403B, Performance Plus Bonus, Career Advancement Opportunities, Work Perks, and more. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates!
Our success is supported by a family-friendly culture that encourages community involvement and creates unlimited opportunities for development and growth. Sentara recognizes our employees by offering:
- Competitive pay plans
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Generous paid annual leave
- 401a/401k/403b plan
- Long and short term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flex spending and life insurance
- You can expect employee recognition, performance rewards, plus countless services and programs to enhance work/life balance.
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day, join the Sentara Team!
Keywords: professor, adjunct, teaching, educator, education, instructor, clinical instructor, MSN, DNP