Sentara Heart Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia is hiring an experienced Registered Nurse for the Cardiac Cath Holding Care – Prep & Recovery Unit
Shift available: Full Time Swing Shift – 9am to 9pm, 36 hours a week
Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus available for qualified candidate. Relocation assistance can be provided.
• We are a CARE Unit: Cardiac Assessment, Recovery, and Evaluation Unit.
• Our unit is open 24 hours Monday-Friday. We admit and recover patients mostly during the day and have a light night team for patients that need observation. Weekend call is once every 10-12 weeks. Will rotate holiday call.
• The unit prepares and recovers patients for procedures in the Cath lab, EP lab, and Minor Procedure Room as well as the Cardiac OR for surgery.
• The average patient volume each day for this unit is approximately 60-70 patients.
• The types of procedures that we prepare and recover patients for include but is not limited to: Cardiac Catheterization (interventional and diagnostic), Electrophysiology procedures such as cardiac ablations, Cardioversions, surgery and ICDs/Pacemakers etc.
As a Registered Nurse with Sentara, you can excel in your career. There are many different specialties where you can perform and grow your nursing skills in areas of interest to you. If you desire, there are promotional opportunities into leadership or to advance your level of care in a variety of settings. This position's primary duties include assessing/admitting patients, rounding checks, giving medications, talking with family members, and being responsible for the overall care of your patients. You will find that teamwork is exceptional, with everyone working together to ensure the best care for our patients. Click here to hear Felicia tell us about a day in the life of a Registered Nurse (RN) with Sentara Healthcare.
Education: Diploma RN, associate degree RN, bachelor’s degree RN, or master’s degree RN. All new RNs who do not have their BSN will be required to sign a BSN Agreement committing to enrollment in an accredited RN to BSN program within 24 months of hire and successfully obtaining their BSN within 5 years of hire.
All Direct Care RNs required to have BLS within 90 days of hire.
Click here to learn more about Sentara Heart Hospital!
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We’re setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits click: Benefits – Sentara (sentaracareers.com)
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day and a vision to be the healthcare choice of the communities that we serve!
Register Here: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/sentara/e/4LQzj
to chat with Recruiters in all Nursing Specialties about our current RN opportunities and incentives!
Keywords: Indeed, Monster, cardiac icu, prep and recovery unit, pre-post care rn, cardiac imcu, telemetry, Talroo-Nursing, monster