Award winning Sentara College of Health Sciences in Chesapeake, VA is currently recruiting for an RN Associate Professor for Nursing Programs.
Relocation assistance available to qualified candidates!!
This is a FULL TIME – DAY SHIFT – ON SITE Position.
We are searching for an RN with a Master's or Doctorate Degree, recent Acute Care Nursing Experience and 1 year of Teaching Experience.
Come join an organization that has been in business for over 130 years with more than 500 sites of care, including eleven acute care hospitals across the state of Virginia and one in Northeastern North Carolina.
The people of the communities we serve have nominated Sentara “Employer of Choice” for over 10 years. U.S. News and World Report has recognized Sentara as having Best Hospitals for 15+ years.
Click this link to learn about the Awards & Recognition of the College: https://www.sentara.edu/awards-recognition.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Sentara recognizes our employees by offering competitive pay plans and an attractive array of full-time benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off, Sick, Tuition Reimbursement, a 401k/403B with matching funds, 401a, Performance Plus Bonus, Career Advancement Opportunities, Work Perks, and more.
- Opportunity to teach across four different programs – Trad. BSN, RN-BSN, MSN Master's Entry to Nursing Practice (MENP), MSN Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) (depending on candidate's qualifications);
- Opportunity to teach using different delivery modalities and technology – hybrid courses, online courses, clinical courses (development/training available for faculty);
- D2L (Brightspace); lecture capture tool; remote proctoring tools (development/training available for faculty);
- Excellent NCLEX passing rates- 90% Traditional BSN, 100% MENP;
- MSN MENP – only the second prelicensure MSN in the state of Virginia;
- CCNE accredited (all programs), State Board approved (prelicensure programs);
- Flexible schedule for faculty;
- Trad. BSN – no summer classes;
- MSN – teaching summer courses is optional;
- Most clinical rotations are day shift.
- Required: Master's Level Degree OR RN-Master's Level Degree
- Required: Acute Care – 5 years, Teaching – 3 years
- Required: Registered Nurse
- Required: Active Learning, Active Listening, Communication, Critical Thinking, Instructing, Learning Strategies, Speaking, Writing
- Masters in nursing, nursing education, or education appropriate to the subject matter being taught. Doctorate in nursing or education preferred. Minimum 5 years recent professional experience required; minimum of 3 years previous teaching experience in a BSN or allied health program; OR demonstrated consistent positive feedback from students; researched to enhance the body of knowledge in the discipline.
Provides classroom and or clinical instruction to students in Sentara's health science programs. Uses interactive and innovative teaching-learning strategies in both on-ground and online courses. Responsible for the development of faculty in both the classroom and clinical settings. Responsible for student tutoring, advising, and support as required and participates in department and college committees as assigned. Collaborates with the community to support and facilitate research, participates in research as it relates to teaching, and keeps current in evidence-based research as it relates to the classroom and clinical instruction of students.
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day, join the Sentara Team!
Keywords: professor, adjunct, teaching, educator, education, instructor, clinical instructor, MSN, DNP, Monster, Nursing-All, Nursing-Other, Nursing-Education, Talroo – Nursing, Faculty.