Sentara Healthcare is currently hiring for a Nursing Care Partner to work at Sentara Leigh Hospital on the Medical Surgical Unit.
Join a fast-paced unit with fantastic teamwork! This unit has short stay patients that remain about 24 to 78 hours. Most of our patients are orthopedic track patients and have a quick turnaround time. Our unit is unique as we do not take isolation patients due to the physical structure of the unit. Nursing Care Partner orientation for this unit is 4-6 weeks depending on skill level.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and one of the following
- Sentara Care Partner Certification Program, or
- Successful completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), or
- National Patient Care Technician (NCPCT), or
- Completion of US Navy Hospital Corps School, or
- Emergency Services to include EMR, EMS, EMT, AEMT and Paramedic, or
- Current student enrolled in a clinical program (beyond prerequisites) having completed at least one semester of RN, LPN, RT or PT, or
- Current work experience within last three years as a PCT or Nursing Assistant.
- One year of prior health care experience preferred.
- American Health Associate BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire.
As a Nursing Care Partner/Patient Care Technician with Sentara, you will have the opportunity to learn many new skills. From taking vitals to blood draws and daily care. The primary duties of this position include supporting the admission/discharge process, changing, bathing ambulating patients, drawing blood, foley catheter care, meeting patient needs while working under the direct supervision of a nurse. You will find that teamwork is exceptional, with everyone working together to provide the best care for our patients.
Click https://youtu.be/GodktM6dS_M to hear Jennifer tell us about a day in the life of a Nursing Care Partner (NCP) with Sentara Healthcare.
Click here to learn more about Sentara Leigh hospital!
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We’re setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits, https://www.sentaracareers.com/explore-sentara/benefits/
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day and a vision to be the healthcare choice of the communities that we serve!
Keywords: NCP, Nursing Care Partner, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Assistant, NA, Patient Care Tech, PCT, MA, Medical Assistant, EMT, EMS, Paramedic, Student Nurse, Monster, Talroo-Allied Health