is currently recruiting for a Full-Time day shift
Learning and Development Specialist
For the Health Plan team in Glen Allen or Norfolk, VA.
The position is located in VA currently offering a hybrid opportunity. Work from home is available only in Hampton Roads or Richmond, Virginia.
Will be required to conduct in-person training sessions.
- Required: High School Grad or Equivalent
- Required: 4+ years experience in claims, contact centers, provider relations, enrollment, system administration, or related healthcare fields.
- 4 years of experience conducting in person classroom and virtual platform training sessions.
- Must possess the ability to create clear & concise presentations and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Experience engaging learners across multiple platforms.
L&D Specialists help plan, conduct, and administer programs that train employees and improve their skills and knowledge.
L&D Specialist's responsibilities include but are not limited to the:
– Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with operational leaders
– Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials
– Review training materials from a variety of sources and choose appropriate materials
– Deliver training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques including virtual instructor-led
– Assist in the evaluation of training programs
– Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrollment
Market: Sentara is a Virginia and Southeast North Carolina-based large healthcare provider that has been in business for over 131 years. More than 500 sites of care, including 12 acute care hospitals with a continued employment philosophy!
Award-winning: Sentara has eleven Acute Care Facilities across the state of Virginia and one in Northeastern North Carolina; the people of the communities that we serve have nominated Sentara as “Employer of Choice” for over 10 years. U.S. News and Report recognized Sentara as having the Best Hospitals for 15+ years.
Benefits: Sentara offers an attractive array of full-time benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Sick, Tuition Reimbursement, a 401k/403B, Performance Plus Bonus, Career Advancement Opportunities, Work Perks, and more. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates!
Our success is supported by a family-friendly culture that encourages community involvement and creates unlimited opportunities for development and growth. Sentara recognizes our employees by offering:
- Competitive pay plans
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Generous paid annual leave
- 401a/401k/403b plan
- Long and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flex spending and life insurance
- You can expect employee recognition, performance rewards, plus countless services and programs to enhance work/life balance.
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day, join the Sentara Team!
keyword: Optima, Indeed, Monster, Talroo- NCP and Entry Level, insurance, trainer, training, consultant, operations, design, eLearning, modules, course material, instructor, enrollment, provider relations, contact center, call center, claims, health plan, presentation, public speaking, instructor, learning, development, health system, blue cross blue shield, anthem, aetna, cigna, Virginia Premier, Medicare, Medicaid, DSU, classroom, Teams, Adobe, LMS, learning management system