Flexi, Night Shift (7PM-7AM)
Location Overview: Click here to learn more about Sentara Norfolk General Hospital!
As a Patient Care Technician with Sentara, you will have the opportunity to learn many new skills. From taking vitals to blood draws and daily care. The primary duties of this position include supporting the admission/discharge process, changing, bathing ambulating patients, drawing blood, foley catheter care, meeting patient needs while working under the direct supervision of a nurse. You will find that teamwork is exceptional, with everyone working together to provide the best care for our patients.
Click here to hear Jennifer tell us about a day in the life of a Patient Care Technician (PCT) with Sentara Healthcare.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent AND one of the following
- Sentara Care Partner Certification Program, or
- Successful completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), or
- National Patient Care Technician (NCPCT), or
- Completion of US Navy Hospital Corps School, or
- Emergency Services to include EMR, EMS, EMT, AEMT and Paramedic, or
- Current student enrolled in a clinical program (beyond prerequisites) having completed at least one semester of RN, LPN, RT or PT, or
- Current work experience within last three years as a PCT or Nursing Assistant.
- American Health Associate BLS Certification (required within 90 days of hire).
- One year of prior health care experience
Benefits: Sentara offers an attractive array of full-time benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Sick, Tuition Reimbursement, a 401k/403B, 401a, Performance Plus Bonus, Career Advancement Opportunities, Work Perks and more.
Our success is supported by a family-friendly culture that encourages community involvement and creates unlimited opportunities for development and growth.
Be a part of an excellent healthcare organization that cares about our People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service, and Integrity. Join a team that has a mission to improve health every day and a vision to be the healthcare choice of the communities that we serve!
Keywords: Monster, NCP, Nursing Care Partner, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Assistant, NA, Patient Care Tech, PCT, MA, Medical Assistant, EMT, EMS, Paramedic