Sentara Healthcare is hiring a full time Senior Team Member Development Consultant.
- Provides team member development experiences for approximately 30,000 members (at all levels) of the Sentara Healthcare team.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and delivering development experiences to prepare team members for the healthcare organization of the future.
- Focus is on non-clinical topics, but this person will collaborate with clinical education to identify areas for partnership.
- Responsible for identifying career paths to expand career development opportunities for all Sentara members of the team.
- Collaboration with HR Solutions, HRDs, Sentara eLearning, the Sentara Leadership Institute, and organizational development will be a key component for success.
- Responsible for bringing best practice learning to meet the needs of a multi-generational workforce, expanding career development resources and participate in marketing and managing Chart Your Path and LinkedIn Learning.
Skills for Success
- Ability to lead eLearning projects to develop modules outlining career opportunities in key functional areas such as IT, finance, Human Resources, and others.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with digital learning tools such as Adobe Connect, UMU, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
- Strong project management, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Comfort with presenting to groups of various sizes.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with metrics and evaluation practices.
For more than a decade, Modern Healthcare magazine has ranked Sentara as one of the nation’s top integrated healthcare systems. Our not-for-profit system proudly includes advanced imaging centers, nursing and assisted-living centers, outpatient campuses, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice agency, a 3,800-provider medical staff and four medical groups. In addition, we provide medical transport ambulances and Nightingale air ambulance, and we extend health insurance to 445,000 people through Optima Health, our award-winning health plan.
As the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We’re setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit: https://www.sentaracareers.com/explore-sentara/benefits/
Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
Three years of experience in an educational environment with experience in training preferred. Electronic learning creation preferred. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect and collaborate with others. Serves as a positive role model. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Comfortable presenting to groups of various sizes. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with virtual learning technology. Experience with Storyline 3 is desired. Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously. Pays attention to detail. Proficiency with metrics and evaluation practices.