Sentara Healthcare developed the Administrative Fellowship Program for a select group of health administration students/graduates to gain valuable experience and elevate their potential through high-visibility assignments. Fellows can expect to:
- Contribute to strategic and operational initiatives.
- Work within our hospitals, and health plan and long term care areas.
- Expand their skills by developing new projects, working on teams, or doing research.
- Participate in a rotation schedule developed and designed around their particular areas of interest.
- Collaborate with executive leaders during board meetings and monthly meetings with the CEO and COO.
Candidates must have completed or be on target to complete an MHA, MHA/MBA, or MBA (preferably with a concentration and/or experience in healthcare management) from an accredited graduate program. The application process begins in early August for consideration to join the program in June of the following year. A rotation schedule is developed and designed around the student’s particular area of interest.
Sample Rotation Schedule:
Sentara Leigh Hospital, Administrator, SLH
Sentara Health Management, President Sentara Health Management
Sentara Life Care, President, Sentara Life Care
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Administrator
Review Participant Testimonials
Review Executive Profiles
Sentara Healthcare will be offering Administrative Fellowships, to start in June/July, 2019. These opportunities will allow the Administrative Fellows to contribute to strategic and key operational initiatives. Fellows rotate through several areas and expand their skills by developing new projects, working on teams or doing research. Monthly meetings with the CEO and COO are planned to discuss rotations and Fellows are invited to attend Board meetings. Candidates must have recently completed, or be on target to complete, an MHA, MHA/MBA, or MBA (preferably with a concentration and/or experience in healthcare management) from a leading graduate program.
How to Apply:
- The position will be posted on July 9, 2018 and will remain posted until September 20, 2018. Applications and a resume must be received by the deadline. To apply at that time, please go to www.sentaracareers.com – key word “Fellow”.
- To read more about the program, please go to: http://www.sentaracareers.com/working-at-sentara/administrative-fellowship-program/
- The Administrative Fellowship program lasts for one year.
- Candidate must complete, or be on target to complete, an MHA, MHA/MBA or MBA (preferably with a concentration and/or experience in healthcare management).
- If selected for an interview, please provide two letters of recommendation and current college transcripts.
- Selection announcements will be made mid-November, 2018. Fellowship begins June/July 2019.